A thank you from Roys
This year Roys celebrates its 125th anniversary. Throughout the duration of this period Roys has overcome challenges big and small, we’d like to thank colleagues, customers and suppliers for making this happen.
The unprecedented situation we find ourselves in is causing strain on the retail industry and it's infrastructure. At Roys we are doing all we can to help meet the demands of our customers. Our dedicated staff in stores, warehouses and offices are working as best we can to serve you, restock shelves, keep the supply chain moving and help with any queries you have. We are extremely thankful and proud of our hardworking staff and loyal customers during this current situation.
We have put certain procedures in place to help everyone during this outbreak:
- Due to the massive increase in demand on food and medical supplies throughout all our stores we are now limiting the amount of certain products that can be purchased at one time. This response should help us provide you with enough supplies and avoid the temptation to stockpile.
- We have also limited any high touch areas such as self service salad counters.
- Bra fitting is no longer available however our trained fitters will still be on hand to offer advice.
- Colleagues have been drafted from other areas of the business to the grocery departments to help fulfil the increase in demand.
- Our local and national supplier relationships have always been very strong and this is still the same. Our buyers are working with the suppliers to ensure the supply chain continues to perform its role as best as possible.
- As of Friday 20th March we will be introducing an hour slot prioritised for those customers that are elderly or vulnerable. This will be the first hour of the store opening, details of stores and times will be released shortly. We ask for your support in respecting the introduction of this hour to keep all members of our community safe.
We are grateful for all customers and we will endeavour to serve you during what can be an unsettling time.
Remember, we are all in this together and with the care, consideration and support of one another we can get through anything.
Ed and Paul Roy
Managing Director and Buying Director